Sunday, January 27, 2008

"You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow, cuz opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo." - Eminem

Nathaniel Nyaluza Secondary School
Fingo Village, Grahamstown East, South Africa
Photos taken on: January 25, 2008


"Look, if you had one shot or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted in one moment; would you capture it or just let it slip?" Entrance to Nyaluza High.



"....That's when it's back to the lab again." My classroom at Nyaluza.


"He keeps on forgetting what he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud, he opens his mouth but the words won't come out." Wall art, Nyaluza style.


"So here I go, it's my shot, feet fail me not, cuz maybe the only opportunity that I got." Exterior of Nyaluza Secondary.


"I cannot grow old in Salem's Lot, so here I go, it's my shot..." Art class, Nyaluza style.


I'm like a snail, I've got to formulate a plot, or end up in jail or shot. Success is my only muthaf---in' option, failure's not." 8th grade learners in Nyaluza corridor.


"You can do anything you set your mind to, man." Success! Former Amasango learners Xolisani Makelani and Samkelo Maqanda in their Nyaluza uniforms.

1 comment:

judy_tv said...

These are great pictures! Especially the last one, the boys look so grown up in their high school uniforms, I just really love it. I am so glad you're there with them.